As advisory firms continue to grow at a rapid pace, it is more important now than ever to source and retain the best talent. But how can wealth management firms become “the employer of choice” in 2023?
In this episode of NEXT, Mark Bruno, Managing Director at Informa Wealth Management, speaks with Lisa Crafford, MBA, Director and Head of Business Consulting at BNY Mellon | Pershing, on best practices to hire young talent as well as training existing employees for future leadership.
Mark and Lisa discuss:
- How to think outside the box to find the right-fit employees for entry-level positions
- How compensation packages have evolved (it is not just about the paycheck anymore!)
- The importance of equity-sharing programs and partnership opportunities
- Recent developments in the “NEXT: Wealth Management Firm of the Future” research
Connect With Mark Bruno:
- LinkedIn: WealthManagment.com
- LinkedIn: Mark Bruno
- Twitter: Mark Bruno
- LinkedIn: Informa
Connect With Lisa Crafford:
About Our Guest:
In her career, Lisa Crafford has had the opportunity to work for small family-owned businesses, large retail franchises, non-profits, and Fortune 500 companies spanning Australia and the United States. She has lived in three continents, and traveled to over 30 countries. Lisa’s experience includes business and practice management, consulting, business development, marketing and branding, operations, sales, human capital strategy, recruiting, retail management, and customer service.
In her role as a consultant with BNY Mellon | Pershing, Lisa has worked with leading RIA firms around the world on building enduring advisory firms. She also loves to contribute to the wider industry and share her experience with students and those looking to join the industry.